20171006

Who Do We Pray to?

I have waited until now to talk about something, and that is who do we pray to, what name do we use? 

After studying this it is time I reveal what I have learned and it is so simple you just might not believe it.  There has always been a sense of unknowing, almost a mystery to "God's" name. I don't feel it the the pronunciation of word הוהי or YHVH is lost to mankind, I do believe most of our Jewish brothers do not know the pronunciation because they are forbidden from knowing it by their rabbis. While many will point to it should only be used by the high priest and at the temple, there is much evidence the rabbis stopped people pronouncing it because they were killed for saying it.  


Well there is only 3 possible pronunciations we can derive from הוהי. 


1. Yahovah - Yah ho vah

2. Yahweh - Yah weh
3. Yahuah - Yah oo ah

These pronunciations are  all valid because the letter ו can be at times a V, a W or a U.  


Although some simply call Him Yah to avoid the pronunciation debate. 


But it doesn't matter. The word הוהי (YHVH) simply means "he is" or "he exits." Which we should use in telling others who our eternal faith is in. We do this so others don't think we believe in Buddha, or Krishna, or Allah. We believe in the same eternal being who Abraham, Issac and Jacob believed in.  


When asked by Moses for His name, He simply told Moses that His name is אהיה or ehyeh. Which mean "I am."   


Imagine asking someone for a name, who has no peers, for a name. Those lesser than this one with no name call Him by His titles, which most famously is Lord. But it is not His name. Does the child down the street call you mom or dad? No, that title for you is reserved for your children, if YHVH is not the one you call your Lord, calling Him that is insincere. 


But what should you call Him in the stillness of your prayers? Following the idea that his name is a verb, to be. We already know the first person and third person. I am and he is. But what is the name the should use in conversing with who is on a more intimate level?  In the second person.


It so happens that the word תהיה or tiyah is from the same verb היה or hayah and means "you are." 


The verb hayah has several meanings but always refers to a state of being. And that is the essence of our God, He has no name but He is. I have a saying to people who ask me my name, I tell them my name, but then I say I will respond to "hey you." 


Think about some one with no name. To himself he is "I," when I try to explain this person to another I have no name to call him so I say, "he."  And when I want to converse with this person and have no name to call him, I say "you."  I personalize this person.


So perhaps in our prayers we need to stop talking to Him as if He wasn't there and not use Yah, and converse to Him one on one. Tiyah is appropriate to have that personal conversation with Him. And prayer is a conversation. It make a more direct connection. 


We should also be careful of calling Him Father or Lord, while it is appropriate, if we don't mean it deep down inside of us it is meaningless. 


One thing I promise you is that if you talk to Him, He will talk back to you. 


You can simply start the conversation with "Abba, tiyah asher tiyah" or "Father, you are, who you are." And let you heart flow. 


We have been experiencing the tribulation in different levels since 2013. First it was felt in the spirit when evil was using the worlds politics to build its strength, and now we have 7 years of the physical  as it manifests itself. The time is now to converse with the one Being who gave us life and purpose.  Don't ignore Him, and don't talk about Him, talk to Him!




No comments: